University of Iowa

Report a Student Concern

Academic Support & Retention is committed to the success of students inside and out of the classroom.  Various concerns may arise during a student’s time in college.  If you are a family member, instructor, friend or academic partner who is concerned about a student, you can direct your concern to us or the Dean of Students.  If this is an emergency that needs immediate attention please call 911.

Dean of Students

The Office of the Dean of Students provides assistance to University of Iowa students experiencing crisis and emergency situations.  These situations may include:

  • Student reports having been a victim of hazing or another crime
  • Hospitalization
  • Medical emergencies or long-term illness
  • Mental health concerns
  • Chronic conditions
  • Death of a family member
  • Natural disasters - fire, tornado, flood
  • Off campus living concerns
  • Exhibits behavior that substantially impairs, interferes, or obstructs orderly processes and functions of the university
  • Exhibits behavior that deliberately interferes with instruction or office procedures
Click here to Get Help Now.

Academic Support & Retention

Academic Support & Retention provides an array of assistance for students as well, focusing on students who:

• would benefit from talking about resources related to academic success

• are seeking assistance with navigating academic support resources and centers

• appear to be having a difficult time balancing or adjusting to collegiate academics

You can also contact Academic Support & Retention during regular business hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) or by using the form below.

Phone: (319) 335-1497 



If there is an immediate concern regarding a student's safety,
please contact the University of Iowa Department of Public Safety at (319) 335-5022 or dial 911