Academic Support & Retention is committed to the success of students inside and out of the classroom. Various concerns may arise during a student’s time in college. If you are a family member, instructor, friend or academic partner who is concerned about a student, you can direct your concern to us or the Dean of Students. If this is an emergency that needs immediate attention please call 911.
Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students provides assistance to University of Iowa students experiencing crisis and emergency situations. These situations may include:
- Student reports having been a victim of hazing or another crime
- Medical emergencies or long-term illness
- Mental health concerns
- Chronic conditions
- Death of a family member
- Natural disasters - fire, tornado, flood
- Off campus living concerns
- Exhibits behavior that substantially impairs, interferes, or obstructs orderly processes and functions of the university
- Exhibits behavior that deliberately interferes with instruction or office procedures
Click here to Get Help Now.
Academic Support & Retention
Academic Support & Retention typically handles concerns when a student:
• Is not attending class for an extended period of time
• Seems overwhelmed by a problem that could affect university attendance or persistence
You can also contact Academic Support & Retention during regular business hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) or by using the form below.
Phone: (319) 335-1497
If there is an immediate concern regarding a student's safety,
please contact the University of Iowa Department of Public Safety at (319) 335-5022 or dial 911