Earning a Degree through University College
To earn a Bachelor's degree, students must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 Total Hours Required for Graduation
- Satisfy the UI Residence Requirement
- Complete the requirements of your degree’s General Education Program
- Complete Program of Study Degree Requirements
- Meet the College’s Academic Standards required for graduation
- Adhere to the College’s Grading Policies (i.e., SGO and P/N limits, Unresolved and Incomplete grades, etc.)
In order to be granted a degree, students must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 in the following:
All college work attempted
All work undertaken at The University of Iowa
All Program of Study specific calculations (see Program of Study Requirements)
All UC students must complete the General Education/Core requirements for their Program of Study. To fulfill this requirement, students will select from a predefined subset of courses within numerous disciplines. Degree programs within UC may have different General Education/Core requirements which are specified in the General Catalog and on the student's Degree Audit.
Program of Study requirements for programs within University College are specified in the General Catalog and on the student's Degree Audit in MyUI.