Course Grievances

Students who have a grievance concerning actions taken by in instructor of a course offered in University College should first contact the instructor to discuss the circumstances of the grievance. If the concern cannot be addressed through a conversation with the instructor, the student should contact the DEO or department head of the unit governing the course.

If this does not resolve the issue, the student may appeal in writing to the Assistant Dean of University College. The appeal must include a description of the grievance, a list of people to whom the student has already addressed the concern, and an indication of the action the student would like taken. Please include any relevant documentation. The appeal may be sent by email to